Campus events to look forward to: November edition

Photo by Catalina Corredor

Lion Leaders and new students enjoy the Playfair at Hunter Stadium.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Editor-in-Chief

Every semester, Lindenwood makes sure that students have many opportunities to stay involved, have fun, and attend events where they can meet new people and enjoy college life to the fullest.

Taking a break from classes, homework, and responsibilities is important throughout the semester. During the on-campus and off-campus events, students can recharge and take that so-needed break from studying.

This month, some of the events include Film Series in LARC, Recycle with the Lions, Fall Fest, and Thanksgiving dinner.

Here are some of the events to look forward to in November:

International Student Fellowship Thanksgiving dinner

Date: Friday, Nov. 4, 6 p.m.

Location: Immanuel Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 115 South 6th Street

Hosted by ISF, this event is an opportunity for students to learn more about American culture, food, and square folk dancing. No experience is necessary to participate. To register, follow the link and scan a QR code. Pick-up for students who need transportation will be provided by LARC at 5:45 p.m.

Fall Fest with Campus Activities Board

Date: Saturday, Nov. 5, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.

Location: Evans Common Lawn

Hosted by CAB, Fall Fest is a way for students to take a break from studying and enjoy the last warm days outside. Fall Fest will have food trucks, yard games, fall crafts, and t-shirts for participants. Prizes will be given to the winners of the games.

Self Care Club: Envision Yourself

Date: Wednesday, Nov. 9, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.

Location: Harmon Hall, room 117

Hosted by Self Care Club, the Envision Yourself night gives students an opportunity to meet people, as well as create vision boards for their futures.

Recycle with the Lions

Date: Thursday, Nov. 10, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Location: Evans Atrium

Organized and hosted by Climate Crew, this event will help the university see that Lindenwood’s students care about the environment and are interested in having recycling possibilities on campus. During recycling day people can bring their recycling to have it transported to the recycling center.

Film Series: Elvis

Date: Thursday, Nov. 10, 7 p.m.

Location: LARC Theatre, Room 343

Film Series in LARC welcomes November with the film exploring the life of Elvis Presley. The movie captures his life and how Presley rises to fame. Students who bring their Lindenwood ID will be admitted for free. Admission will cost $2 (cash only) for those without it.

Film Series: Marcel the Shell with Shoes On

Date: Thursday, Nov. 17, 7 p.m.

Location: LARC Theatre, Room 343

A story of a one-inch-tall shell who becomes popular after a short film about him is released. Marcel begins a new chapter of their life, full of dangers, hope, and adventures. Students who bring their Lindenwood ID will be admitted for free. Admission will cost $2 (cash only) for those without it.

Touring Series: Vicki Lawrence and Mama: A Two-Woman Show

Date: Saturday, Nov. 19, 8 p.m.

Location: The Lindenwood Theater, J. Scheidegger’s Center for the Arts

Vicki Lawrence is a singer, actress, and comedian known for shows such as “The Carol Burnett Show”, and the television sitcom series “Mama’s Family”. This event is a part of the 2022-2023 season of the touring series.