Dance Program to host annual Fall Dance Concert

The Fall Dance Concert 2022 will take place in the Lindenwood Theater from Nov. 10 to Nov. 12 at 7:30 p.m.

Chelsea Rackovan, Reporter

Lindenwood’s Dance Program will be hosting its Fall Dance Concert to showcase the technique and choreography learned so far this semester.

The concert will be held Nov.10-12 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lindenwood Theatre in J. Scheidegger Center. Admission for students is free and general admission is $10.

Annesley Haring, an administrative assistant for the dance program said that all students performing in the concert are either working towards a dance minor, BA, or BFA in dance.

Haring said that the 2022 Fall Concert includes 11 pieces performed ranging in various genres such as African dance, Scottish dance, contemporary, tap, pointe, hip hop, and jazz.

“The purpose of our shows is to showcase the hard work we put into the art form that we love the most,” Haring said. “This show in particular includes both student and faculty works as well as a guest art piece.”

When asked about her experience within the dance program, Haring said she has found the greatest sense of belonging within the Lindenwood University Dance Program.

“I have truly loved every minute of being a part of this very special program,” Haring said. “I have had the opportunity to expand my knowledge and training through learning many different styles…everyone should come to see this show, it’s going to be amazing.”

This will be the first show of the 2022-2023 academic school year. Following will be the Winter Dance Concert and the Spring Dance Concert.