Stuck on campus during Thanksgiving? Here is what to do during the break

Pie is the most popular dessert after a holiday meal. Its origins trace back to the 18th century.
Photo from Pixabay

Eva Laurens, News Editor

Not everyone gets the chance to go back home for the holidays.

Thanksgiving is coming up and some students will have to stay on campus while others will go celebrate with family and friends.

Here is a list of what to do when stuck on campus for Thanksgiving break:

Go to the movie theater

Going to the movie theater is a way to pass time and watch movies you do not have time to go see during the school year. Here is what you could watch at the movie theater during Thanksgiving break.

Black Friday Shopping

Online or at the store, Black Friday is coming up in time for you to take advantage of the best sales during the break.

Study

Take advantage of the break to get ahead on your assignments. That way you will not get too stressed out when school starts again.

Go to concerts and events

If you are looking for something fun to do or an event to attend, here is what will happen during Thanksgiving break in the area. 

Hangout with friends/other people on campus

You are not the only one stuck on campus during this holiday. Talk to your friends or other people on campus to see who is staying during the break and hang out with them.

Thanksgiving lunch in Evans Commons

Thanksgiving Lunch will take place in Evans Commons from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Nov. 18.

Lindenwood does not forget about the students that have to stay on campus during the break. For that occasion, Evans will host a Thanksgiving lunch on Nov. 18 from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. with, on the menu: Field green salad, oven-roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, sage stuffing, cranberry chutney, green beans, warm rolls, pumpkin pie, and apple pie.

No other station will be available at Evans during lunch.

Watch movies and TV shows

If you want to spend some time in your room instead of going outside, you can grab your laptop and watch the movie or the TV that you have been wanting to watch but did not have the time to.

Sleep!

School is exhausting, the weather is getting colder and finals are approaching. Take some time to rest and get some good sleep before the final exams and the last few weeks of classes.