Lindenlodge students in temporary housing

Linden+Lodge+enter+sign+located+on+Plaza+Way+in+St.+Charles%2C+Missouri.+

Photo by Mallary Vasquez

Linden Lodge enter sign located on Plaza Way in St. Charles, Missouri.

Mallary Vasquez, Reporter

Students living in the Lindenlodge were moved into temporary housing after a pipe burst over winter break causing water damage to impact parts of the building.

Ryan McDonell, director of residential life, said freezing temperatures caused the pipe to burst while the university was closed over winter break. A significant amount of water damage to the first and second floors resulted in students living on these floors being moved into temporary housing. 

“Our Facilities and Operations team on campus responded quickly and immediately began working with restoration companies to repair the damage,” McDonnell said. “However, the damage required the water to be shut off, pipes repaired, and new flooring and drywall be installed in many parts of the building. Crews have been in the building regularly since the break working on the repairs.”

McDonnell said that students who were moved into temporary housing were moved to places on campus such as the Horizon Side, Heritage Side, and the Linden Terrace. 

“The Residential Life team in partnership with the Facilities and Operations team have been providing weekly updates to the students who have been impacted,” McDonnell said. “Our students who lived on the second floor will be able to return to the restored living space on Feb. 1.” 

McDonnell said that students living on the first floor of the Lindenlodge will continue receiving weekly updates on the status of the repairs. Residential Life will communicate with the students when an exact return date becomes clear.

“The rest of the community did a fantastic job of welcoming these students from LindenLodge into their buildings for a temporary amount of time,” McDonnell said.