Lindenwood to host Educator, Career, and Internship Fair

Spring 2023 Educator, Career, and Internship Fair will take place on Feb. 23 at Evans Commons.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Editor-in-Chief

Lindenwood students and alumni will get a chance to find jobs and internships and meet potential employers at the Educator, Career, and Internship Fair on Thursday, Feb. 23.

The event hosted by the Center for Engaged Learning will take place in the lower-level courts in Evans Commons from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The event will present full-time opportunities for seniors and graduate students, as well as internship opportunities for sophomores and juniors.

This year, the career fair will host over 100 businesses with a variety of industries for students to choose from. Director of Career Development Shannon Wright said all majors and academic levels can attend the event, including alumni.

“We strongly encourage everyone to attend. This is a great chance to network with recruiters and explore some of the opportunities that will be availed to them,” Wright said.

More information and the full list of employers can be found here.

Those attending are required to wear professional attire. Business casual dress will be accepted; however, professional dress is preferred. For students who wish to attend but need professional clothing, Lindenwood hosts a “Suits for success” event on Feb. 21 at the LARC Between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. students can stop by and pick out a free professional outfit for the event.

Wright also said students should come prepared in order to make the most out of the event. He said the resume is the student’s promotional flyer but having an elevator pitch ready is something everyone should have prepared for the event.

“In short, be prepared. We want everyone to enjoy the event and take time to connect with the recruiters,” Wright said. “It shouldn’t be stressful. Students should remember that employers are here to connect. They want to talk to you.”

Students who need tips, advice, and guidance on how to succeed at the event can attend the Career Fair Prep workshop on Feb. 20 at 12 p.m. Click here to register for the event.

Career and Internship Fair has been taking place at Lindenwood for about eight years, Wright said. In the past years, the fair has grown from 65 organizations to over 100.