Campus events to look forward to: April edition

Photo by Catalina Corredor

Lion Leaders and new students enjoy the Playfair at Hunter Stadium.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Editor-in-Chief

Every semester, Lindenwood makes sure that students have many opportunities to stay involved, have fun, and attend events where they can meet new people and enjoy college life to the fullest.

This month, some of the events include Coffee Jam and Cram, Synergy Goat Yoga, and Spring Dance Concert.

1. Networking Hour with the College of Arts and Humanities

Date: Sunday, April 9, 4 – 5 p.m.

Location: McCluer Hall Lounge

Hosted by Lindenwood Student Government, this networking event is an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to meet Lindenwood alumni, faculty, and administration and hear more about life after graduation.

2. Campus Activities Board – Better Yourself Day

Date: Wednesday, April 12, 4 – 6 p.m.

Location: Pavilion

CAB is hosting an outside event, where students will be able to take a break from studying, and enjoy live music, food trucks, and giveaways.

3. Black and Gold Leadership Awards

Date: Thursday, April 13, 6:30 – 9 p.m.

Location: Spellmann Center – AB Leadership Room

This is an annual event hosted by Lindenwood Student Government, where different campus organizations gain recognition for their involvement with the Lindenwood community.

4. Financial Literacy Night

Date: Thursday, April 20, 5 – 6 p.m.

Location: Rauch Lounge

Financial Literacy Night will have a guest speaker from Career Services, talking about financial tips as well as money-saving techniques. The event is hosted by Rauch Hall.

5. Spring Dance Concert

Date: April 20-22, 7:30 p.m.

Location: Lindenwood Theater

Spring Dance Concert is the final concert of the season, where Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts students capstone choreography projects. Tickets for the concert can be purchased here.

6. Coffee Jam and Cram Study Night with ISF

Date: Tuesday, April 25, 5-8 p.m.

Location: Evans Commons, Room 3020

Hosted by International Student Fellowship, Coffee Jam and Cram is a time dedicated for students to get together to catch up on homework, study for upcoming finals, and socialize. Snacks and beverages will be provided by ISF. All students are welcome to join the event.

7. Synergy’s Goat Yoga

Date: Tuesday, April 28, 3 – 6 p.m.

Location: Evans Commons Lawn

Hosted by Synergy, this event is an opportunity to socialize, try yoga with a certified yoga instructor while goats interact with the students. Up to 40 students can sign up and attend the event. Attendees will be able to grab t-shirts. goat-a-plush, snacks, and more.