Lindenwood’s CAB hosts its Spring 2024 “Welcome Week”

Photo by Lexi Moore
Tri Sigma’s table at the organization fair.

Lindenwood’s Campus Activities Board (CAB) hosted its “Welcome Week” from Jan. 9 to Jan. 12.

During the first week of classes of the 2024 Spring Semester, CAB scheduled three campus-wide events to welcome students back to campus.

On Tuesday, a coffee truck provided students with free drinks, and the first 50 students who went to get their coffee received a free CAB blanket.

On Wednesday, the Student Organization Fair took place at the Evans Commons Courts, where more than 20 student organizations shared what they are all about.

“My favorite thing about Welcome Back Week is the organization fair,”  Cabbie Lauren Roberts said. “We have so many great clubs and organizations on campus, and it is a great way for people to meet them in person rather than see them through Involve U online. I love seeing how involved each member is when showing off their organization.”

To end the week, CAB had planned a bowling night on Friday, which was canceled due to hazardous weather conditions. Students would be provided with transport from Evans Commons to Plaza Lanes Bowling Center, but the roads were dangerous to drive on.

This Welcome Week is held each semester, and it is a great opportunity for students to adapt to campus life. Especially, for transfer and international students, this is an excellent chance to meet new friends and learn about Lindenwood University.

The Bowling Night event will be rescheduled for February. An email with time and date details will be sent out to students who signed up closer to the event.