Events Happening in St. Louis – December Edition

Photo by Pexels
Events happening in St. Louis – Dec. Edition

The cold weather is coming to Missouri which means you need to find indoor activities to fill your weekends.

Here is a list of activities, concerts, and festivals happening around the St. Louis area in December.

From holiday joy and musical events, feel free to add a few of these events to your calendar if you are in the St. Louis area for the holiday season.

Scooby Doo – Mansion Mayhem: All of Dec. from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Magic House

Go to the Magic House for some childhood fun and mystery solving. The immersive experience allows visitors to analyze clues and put their problem-solving skills to the test. Anyone visiting will work through the rooms of the mansion, meeting different characters of the iconic TV show that has captivated fans for more than five decades.

The Polar Express Train Ride: All of Dec. at Union Station

For a bit of extra holiday magic, go visit Union Station and take a ride on the Polar Express. Set to The Polar Express motion picture soundtrack, the magical experience takes guests on a journey to the North Pole aboard beautifully decorated trains. Families are encouraged to interact with the train conductor, The Polar Express characters, Santa Claus and his elves – and to wear their favorite seasonal pajamas for the occasion.

St. Charles Christmas Traditions: Dec. 1-24 on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays on Main Street

2023 will mark 49 seasons of Saint Charles Christmas Traditions®. For nearly half a century, this festival has made the holiday spirit of the past come to life for the young and young at heart. With a unique blend of storytelling, history, and fairy tale whimsy, guests are welcomed into a world of yuletide nostalgia and fantasy where reindeer fly, sugarplums dance in your head, and an array of international ambassadors invite you to explore unique holiday customs from around the world.

Cirque Du Soleil – Twas the night before: Dec. 1-10 at 1 p.m. at The Fabulous Fox

If you’ve attended a Cirque Du Soleil Twas The Night Before event before, you know the excitement and energy of the crowd makes for a truly unforgettable experience. Join them at The Fabulous Fox this year on the night before December arrives.

Dirty Dancing in Concert: Dec. 1-2 at 7 p.m. at Enterprise Center

Join us for Dirty Dancing in Concert, the classic film’s first live film-to-concert experience, coming to Stifel Theatre on Nov. 30. Enjoy the digitally remastered hit film like never before on a full-size cinema screen, with a live band and singers performing the film’s iconic songs.

Samara Joy: A Joyful Holiday: Dec. 12 at 7 p.m. at the Factory

Great news for jazz fans. Samara Joy, the reigning Grammy® Award winner of Best New Artist and featured performer on The Jazz Cruise ’23 and Botti at Sea ’24, will be touring this holiday season presenting a very special show, “A Joyful Holiday, featuring the McLendon Family.”

Disney’s Alladin: The Hit Broadway Musical: Dec. 12-17 at 7:30 p.m. at the Fabulous Fox

Discover a whole new world at Aladdin, a thrilling new production filled with unforgettable beauty, magic, comedy and spectacle. In the extraordinary theatrical event, one lamp and three wishes make the possibilities infinite.

The Nutcracker by St. Louis Ballet: Dec. 15-17, 19-23 at the St. Louis Ballet

Ring in the holidays with the region’s most glorious performance of The Nutcracker. Great costumes, sets and, of course, dancing have St. Louis residents and visitors alike flocking to see the Saint Louis Ballet. With choreography by Gen Horiuchi and music by Tchaikovsky, this show is a recurring St. Louis holiday tradition.

Trans-Siberian Orchestestra: The Ghosts of Christmas Eve: Dec. 17 at 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the Enterprise Center

A holiday tradition returns when Trans-Siberian Orchestra comes to Enterprise Center for two performances on December 17.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical: Dec. 23 at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the Fabulous Fox

This holiday season see your favorite characters from the TV special, including Santa and Mrs. Claus, Hermey the Misfit Elf, Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster, Clarice, Yukon Cornelius and, of course, Rudolph, soar off the screen and onto the stage of The Fabulous Fox on Dec. 23.

New Year’s Eve Celebration with the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra: Dec. 31 starting at 7:30 p.m. at the Stifel Theater

Celebrate the end of 2023 in style. The St. Louis Symphony Orchestra’s annual bash – a New Year’s Eve concert – will be performed at Stifel Theatre on Dec. 31. Revel in musical selections with conductor Norman Huynh, a favorite of St. Louis audiences known for his humor and high spirits.