Two men’s basketball home games slotted for Thanksgiving break

Darris Smith handles the ball during the 2013/2014 season. Photo by Romain Polge

Phil Brahm | Staff Reporter
November 25, 2014; 9:00 a.m.

Currently riding a two-game winning streak, the men’s basketball team has just two more games left before 2014-15 conference play begins. With a overall record of 2-2, the Lions are looking to make the final adjustments before the calendar year rolls around and the pursuit of a spot in the conference tournament takes center stage.

[event_blocks 127995]

The first game at Hyland Arena during Thanksgiving break will be against the University of Illinois – Springfield. The Stars hold a record of 3-0, including an 106-73 win over Robert Morris – Springfield back on Nov. 19.

Last season when the two teams meet, the Lions walked away with an 84-68 win over the Stars. Michael Boos lead the team with 20 points and six rebounds, with four of his teammates also scoring double digits.

[event_blocks 128007]

In the second game, the Lions will play host to Baker University. The wildcats currently sit at 4-3 overall, with several of their losses coming from a narrow margin.

The last meeting between the two teams was in 2010, when the Lions took the game 72-53. Kramer Soderberg, who is now a graduate assistant for the Lions, lead the team with 20 points.

$575
$1000