St. Louis Blues and Cardinals sportcasters to speak at Lindenwood

Photo taken from WikiCommons

St. Louis Blues Sportscaster John Kelly and St. Louis Cardinals Sportscaster Dan McLaughlin will speak at Lindenwood on Tuesday.

Kelly is the play-by-play sportscaster for the St. Louis Blues. This year is Kelly’s 10th season with the Note. He has followed the footsteps of his father the late Dan Kelly, who spent 21 years as the “voice of the Blues.”

McLaughlin is on his 20th year as the play-by-play sportscaster for the St. Louis Cardinals and he is also an alumnus from Lindenwood. He graduated in 1996. During his time at Lindenwood, he was in the baseball team and broadcast for KCLC.

The Lindenwood’s National Broadcasting Society chapter  — Alpha Epsilon Rho — is presenting the event “A Conversation with John Kelly and Dan McLaughlin” together with the School of Arts, Media and Communication.

Alpha Epsilon Rho chapter also will raise money at the event to help send Lindenwood University students to the 2017 NBS-Alpha Epsilon Rho Convention in New York March 21-26. To support the trip, participants can partake in 50/50 raffle or bring items to get them autographed for a donation that will support the trip.

The event takes place Feb. 21 at 4p.m. in the Anheuser-Busch Leadership Room in the Spellmann Center.