Former Lion Pierre Desir re-signs with Indianapolis Colts

Pierre Desir holds up the Cliff Harris award in 2013. The award is given to the best small school defensive player in the country.
Photo from Wikimedia Commons.

NICK FEAKES | Sports Editor

Former Lindenwood football player Pierre Desir has re-signed with the Indianapolis Colts on a one-year deal, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Desir spent the 2017 season with the Colts after being claimed off waivers. He started six games for them before suffering a pectoral tear in week 13 which put him out for the rest of the season. Colts head coach Chuck Pagano commented on the injury at the time, saying, “It’s a shame. Really proud of what Pierre has done for us and his teammates and ‘the shoe.’ He’s a really good kid and a good player.’’

Despite the injury, Desir had a career year in 2017 as he recorded 32 tackles, seven passes defended and his first NFL interception.

The financial aspects of the contract are unknown. The Colts are Desir’s fourth team in as many years. Desir spent two years with the Cleveland Browns after they drafted him in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. 

Desir carved out a stellar career for Lindenwood after transferring from Washburn in 2011, winning the Cliff Harris award for the national small school defensive player of the year in 2013. Desir recorded 13 interceptions, 93 tackles and 30 passes defended in his two years at Lindenwood.