Women’s volleyball falls to Washburn 1-3

No. 10 Jenna Garrett serves in the third set against Washburn University on Friday night.
Photo by Mina San Nicolás

MINA SAN NICOLÁS LEYVA | Reporter

Lindenwood women’s volleyball battled the Washburn University Ichabods on Friday at 6 p.m. at the Hyland Arena.

The last home contest the Lions hosted was in August with the Lindenwood Invitational. The Lions won all four encounters, which started a six-win streak to start off the season.

Friday, the Lions started their match against Washburn hoping to come out with a win after a tough weekend on the road, but they fell one more time, extending their losing streak to five matches.

In the first set, the Lady Lions trailed 25-19, and they battled the second set for a close 22-25 win, but came up short in the third and fourth set to finish 25-11 and 25-12, respectively.

Sophomore Sadie Kosciuk recorded 10 kills followed by senior outside hitter Bailey Dvorak with nine kills. Middle blocker Kat Finnerty led the defense with a six block total, two of them solo.

Lindenwood is now 8-6 overall and will face Emporia State University Saturday at 3 p.m. at the Hyland Arena.

Senior Allyson Clancy said that tomorrow is a new day to “pick up our confidence levels and play together.”

“The plan for tomorrow is to come together as a team and find ourselves,” Clancy said.

[masterslider id=”42″]