Women’s volleyball goes 0-3 against No. 4 Nebraska-Kearney

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lindenwood freshman Hannah Borchelt, #9, attacks the ball past defending Nebraska-Kearney Lopers. The Lions put up a good fight but lost the match 3-0.  Photo by Mitch Kraus.

Lindenwood freshman Hannah Borchelt, #9, attacks the ball past defending Nebraska-Kearney Lopers. The Lions put up a good fight but lost the match 3-0.
Photo by Mitch Kraus.

Photo by Mitch Kraus.

Photo by Mitch Kraus.

MITCHELL KRAUS Editor-in-Chief

The women’s volleyball Lions put up a fight against Nebraska-Kearney Friday night, but ultimately lost to the No. 4 team in the division.

Each of the three sets was close before going to the Lopers, with the first going 28-26, 25-23 for the second, and the third going 27-25. 

The crowd cheered with excitement during the final moments of the third set, as Lindenwood was almost able to force a fourth set. 

Sophomore Alexa Pressley was the top scorer for the Lions with 13 kills and a .310 attack percentage. Sophomore Sadie Kosciuk was second in points scored, with 12 kills, a .320 attack percentage and one block.  Freshman Jenna Garrett lead in digs with 12. 

The Lions will be back on Saturday, Oct. 6 in the Hyland Arena for a match against Fort Hays State. The match begins at 2 p.m.