Weekly Sports Round-Up

Photo by Kat Owens

LEON SILVA | Reporter

Field Hockey

Field Hockey travelled to Maryland to play against Mansfield University on Saturday and Frostburg State University on Sunday.

The Lions lost against Mansfield University 3-1. Senior Bridget Hoogendijk scored the only goal for Lindenwood. Hoogendijk and Jessie Londono led the Lions to a 3-1 victory over Frostburg State on Sunday.

The Lions will take on Southern New Hampshire University on Friday, Oct. 4.

Mansfield Box Score

Frostburg Box Score

Women’s Volleyball

Women’s Volleyball split weekend matches defeating Southwest Baptist University 3-0 and losing against Drury University 3-1 on Friday and Saturday respectively.

The Lions win over Southwest Baptist University was the first one for the Great Lake Valley Conference. The win puts the Lions 1-1 in GLVC.

The Lions will play against Rockhurst University on Thursday, Oct. 3, at Robert F. Hyland Arena.

Southwest Baptist Box Score

Drury Box Score

Football

The football team lost in their fourth game of the season against Davenport University on Saturday with a final score of 35-24, making their record 1-3.

The Lions will travel to Lebanon for their fifth game of the season against McKendree University on Saturday, Oct 5.

Davenport Box Score

Women’s Soccer

The Lions lost against the University of Southern Indiana 1-0 on Friday night in Indianapolis.

On Sunday, the Lions also fell to McKendree University on their fifth GLVC game, leading them into a 1-5 conference record.

The Lions will travel to take on the University of Indianapolis on Friday, Oct. 4.

Southern Indiana Box Score

McKendree Box Score

Men’s Soccer

Men’s soccer also took on the University of Southern Indiana and McKendree. The Lions fell to Southern Indiana 2-0 but tried to make a comeback against McKendree, finishing with a score of 3-2.

Luke McBeth led Lindenwood with three shots and one goal this weekend. The Lions find themselves in a 1-2-2 conference record.

Southern Indiana Box Score

McKendree Box Score