Lindenwood to host large outdoor event to celebrate the end of the semester

Lindenwood+will+be+hosting+Party+on+the+Pavement+on+April+29+to+celebrate+the+end+of+the+semester.++Photo+from+the+Office+of+the+President.+

Lindenwood will be hosting Party on the Pavement on April 29 to celebrate the end of the semester.
Photo from the Office of the President.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Culture Editor

Lindenwood will be hosting one of it’s biggest campus events of the semester this week.

Lindenwood’s Party on the Pavement will be this Thursday, April 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The event will be offering many interesting activities for students such as live music from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., free lunch boxes, t-shirt giveaways, and drawings for other prizes.

The event will take place in the lot behind the fiscal affair building; there will be three tents set up for the event. In order to receive free lunch and t-shirts, attendees mush bring their student ID.  

Party on the Pavement is meant to be a fun and safe event, which is why students will be required to follow COVID-19 protocols by remaining masked at all times– except when eating– as well as practicing social distancing and using hand sanitizer when needed. To make this event as safe as possible, organizers made sure that all food is packaged individually.  

Julee Mitsler, director of communications for Lindenwood, said the main purpose of the event is to celebrate the semester.

“The primary goal of this event is to celebrate the end of a successful semester in a fun and safe way, with emphasis on social distancing,” Mitsler said in an email.

Mitlser said multiple Lindenwood offices including the President’s Office and Advancement & Communications worked hard for the past couple of weeks to make the “Party on the Pavement” event possible for students.

Bring your friends and enjoy live music with free lunch!