Lindenwood enrollment management vice president resigns

Photo provided by Lindenwood

Ben Kaiser, News Editor

Terry Whittum resigned from senior vice president of Enrollment  Management and Student Engagement two weeks ago.

“We wish Terry all the best, and we thank him for his service to the Lindenwood campus community,” President John Porter said in an email to faculty.

Porter sent the announcement out last Tuesday morning. In the same email, he announced that Associate Vice President Kara Schilli would be serving as Interim Vice President for the time being.

“Lindenwood will review candidates at a point in the future that has not yet been determined,” Director of Communications Julee Mitsler said in an email interview.

Vice President Rob Westervelt for Strategy and Innovation will lead the enrollment management strategy. Westervelt has been head of Lindenwood’s Strategy and Innovation for over 14 months. He approaches “strategy from a global perspective and just launched a five-year strategic plan” for the school. His strategy expertise applies to both the faculty and the students.

“Because of my experience, I provide strategic support for the whole unit,” Westervelt said.

Mitsler declined to comment on Wittum’s resignation, but said that Lindenwood “would like to wish Terry all the best as he moves forward.”

Kara Schilli will be serving as Interim Vice President in Whittum’s place