Campus events to look forward to: October edition

Photo by Catalina Corredor

Lindenwood students enjoy activities during the NSO week on Harlen C. Hunter Stadium

Eva Laurens, News Editor

Every semester, Lindenwood makes sure that students have many opportunities to stay involved, have fun, and attend events where they can meet new people and enjoy college life to the fullest.

Taking a break from classes, homework, and responsibilities is important throughout the semester, especially in the beginning.

Many students spent a classes-free and homework-free summer, which made getting back into the habit of studying challenging. During the on-campus and off-campus events, students can recharge and take that so-needed break from studying.

This month, some of the events include Stranger Things Drive-In, Student Bonfire, Homecoming Parade, and more.

Here are some of the events to look forward to in October:

Stranger Things Drive-In

Date: Thursday, Oct. 6, 7 p.m.

Location: Linden Terrace

Thursday evening will be hosted a drive-in movie night, streaming stranger things. Students are invited to drive in or walk to the parking lot by Linden Terrace.

Lorax Watch Party

Date: Tuesday, Oct. 11, 5 – 7 p.m.

Location: LARC Theater

The Climate Crew (LU Treehuggers) is hosting a Lorax watch party for any students, faculty, and staff who want to come be inspired to save the environment.

Post Roe Vs Wade: Explained

Date: Wednesday, Oct. 12, 5 – 7 p.m.

Location: Harmon Hall 117 – Dunseth Auditorium

Hosted by Public Health Student Association, join the Expert Panel to discuss the overturning of Roe Vs. Wade with professionals and citizens.

Lip Sync Competition & Pep Rally

Date: Thursday, Oct. 20, 7 – 9 p.m.

Location: Hyland Arena

Student organizations, residence halls, and athletic groups will perform lip syncing and choreograph dances to songs revolving around the Homecoming week theme. There are five opportunities for student organizations to win money for their organizations: best performance by a large group, best performance by a medium group, best performance by a small group, heart of the lion (judge’s award), and most creative (judge’s choice).

Student Bonfire

Date: Friday, Oct. 21, 8:30 – 11 p.m.

Location: Pfremmer Hall, Lakeside Amphitheater

Hosted by the Office of Residential Life, a bonfire will take place at the Lakeside Amphitheater with free S’mores, music and much more.

Homecoming Parade

Date: Saturday, Oct. 22, 10 – 11 a.m.

Location: Main Street in Historic St. Charles

This year’s Homecoming theme is “Blast from the Past.” The parade will feature Lindenwood students representing the University, organizations, clubs, teams, athletics and academics.
The Homecoming parade will be live streamed on the Lindenwood University Facebook Page.

ISF Pumpkin Painting

Date: Tuesday, Oct. 25, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.

Location: Multipurpose Room

Hosted by the International Student Fellowship, students can come paint and decorate pumpkins in fellowship!