Study tips to prepare for finals

Photo by Photo from Pexels

Worried about finals week? Here are some tips that can make your last week a little less overwhelming.

Eva Laurens, News Editor

Only a few more weeks before finals.

With Halloween and Thanksgiving, it can be hard for some students to think about studying for the finals that are coming up.

Here are some study tips to help you study for your exams:

• Get a good night of sleep.

Sleeping has a big impact on the grades students are getting. A recent study found a strong relationship between students’ grades and how much sleep they are getting.

• Find an environment that works for you.

People like studying in different environments. Some like to stay in their room while others would prefer to go to a library or a cafe.

• Give yourself a break.

Free time is important. Studying can be tiring so taking a break in between two study sessions is mandatory sometimes.

• Silence your phone.

You might be tempted to answer your friend’s text message or check your email. Putting your phone on silent can help you stay focused on your studies without any distractions.

• Listen to music.

Some people find it easier to concentrate and study while listening to music. So, play your favorite study playlist. Or not. Some study better in a quiet place.

• Pick the best study method for you.

Sometimes, reading through your notes and your books is not enough. There are multiple study methods that can help to study and understand better. 

• Snack on healthy food.

Eating candy or drinking coffee while studying increases the chances of a blood sugar crash. Snacking on healthy food like nuts or an apple instead gives you energy and helps you stay focused.