Lindenwood announces ownership of Dorsey College

Bobbie Morrison, Culture Editor

Lindenwood announced its ownership of a technical college in Madison Heights, Michigan in an email on Thursday, March 30.  

“Lindenwood Education System, the non-profit parent entity of Lindenwood University, has completed its acquisition of Dorsey College,” Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Bethany Alden-Rivers said in an email. “Lindenwood Education System is now the parent organization of both Dorsey College and its existing Lindenwood University.” 

Dorsey College is a nationally accredited institution that provides career and technical training programs in technology, medicine, skill trades, culinary arts, and cosmetology.  

“This is a historic moment for both institutions which have a shared vision for providing learner-centric education,” President John Porter said. “A key part of our strategy is to expand into the ‘just-in-time’ learner space, and Dorsey’s 89-year history of providing exceptional career-focused education is a perfect fit.” 

Dorsey College is the oldest career college in Michigan and currently serves more than 1,800 students in the state.  

Further inquiries about the recent acquisition of Dorsey College can be directed to the FAQ page on Lindenwood’s website, or Julee Mitsler at [email protected].