Lindenlink staff wins more than a dozen awards

Lindenlink+staff+2021-2022+outside+of+Lindenlinks+media+lab+in+McCluer+Hall.+

Photo by Sofiya Melnychuk

Lindenlink staff 2021-2022 outside of Lindenlink’s media lab in McCluer Hall.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Editor-in-Chief

Lindenlink was named the best independent online student publication in a four-state region, also receiving a dozen awards from the Missouri College Media Association conference held on March 31 – April 1.

The conference hosted by the Society of Professional Journalists honored top collegiate journalism publications from Regions 6 and 7. Lindenlink was named a winner of the Mark of Excellence award in Region 7, which includes Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska.

As a regional winner, Lindenlink was automatically entered in the national Mark of Excellence competition that will be held in late September in Las Vegas.

MCMA’s conference held in Cape Girardeau, Missouri on March 31 -April 1 announced winners of the four categories divided by the Association, where Lindenlink received a dozen awards. Lindenlink competes in Division II with Northwest Missouri State University, Southeast Missouri State University, Truman State University, and Webster University.

Here is the list of winners from Lindenlink:

Reporter Mallary Vasquez received first-, second- and third-place in feature photography, as well as second-place in investigative reporting.

Editor-in-chief Sofiya Melnychuk received first- and second-place in column writing.

Reporter Ethan Hannaford received first-place in video reporting and second-place in feature writing.

Editor-in-chief from 2021-2022 Dominic Hoscher received first-place in feature writing as well as second-place in news writing.

News Editor from 2021-2022 Ben Kaiser received a third-place in entertainment review.

Lindenlink staff received a third-place in the Division II sweepstakes.