Lindenwood women’s volleyball prepares for weekend games against the Little Rock Trojans

Two+Lindenwood+players+jump+to+make+a+play+on+a+ball+against+the+Morehead+Eagles.++
Photo by Bobbie Morrison
Two Lindenwood players jump to make a play on a ball against the Morehead Eagles.

This Friday and Saturday, the Lindenwood Women’s volleyball team will be taking on the Little Rock Trojans.

As of now, the Lions have a 10-11 record. According to junior Nyah Wilson, the Lions have still been adjusting to their competition, being in just their second year of Division 1. But at the same time, the competition has allowed the Lions to grow, get stronger, and become a fiercer team altogether.

“[The Division 1 teams] scout us more [than in Division 2], so we have to scout them more, and [we’ve been] adjusting to all of those things,” Wilson said. “The constant back-to-back games [now] that we play every weekend has also been a big change, but at the same time has helped us develop and improve.”

According to freshman and fellow teammate Anna Kraemer, as the season has progressed, the Lions have gained major chemistry and confidence in one another, and look to use that to their advantage in this weekend’s competitive games.

“[The Trojans] are good, they got some really tall girls, I’d say they’re very good offensively, and I think it’s going to be a good game either way,” Kraemer said. “We’ve had huge growth from the beginning of the season, and I believe we’ve definitely played more as a unit now.”

Overall, the Lions have learned many new things during this season, and even going back to when the team transitioned from Division 2 athletics to Division 1. The majority of the teams this season the Lions have played split their wins and losses against them. This weekend, the Lions look to take both games and improve from a 10-11 record to a winning record.

“Obviously we want to win,” Kraemer said. “I think we need to play consistent, and it’ll get us prepared for the tournament, and the rest of the season as a whole.”