Lindenwood loses final game of the season to Bryant [PHOTO GALLERY]

Long+snapper+Nelson+Pipes+practices+snapping+on+the+sidelines+during+a+game+against+Bryant+University.+
Photo by Bobbie Morrison
Long snapper Nelson Pipes practices snapping on the sidelines during a game against Bryant University.

In the final game of the 2023 season, the Lindenwood Lions lost to the Bryant University Bulldogs by a score of 38-3.

Lindenwood found themselves in a quick deficit, allowing a touchdown on a 42-yard pass within the first five minutes of the game. Five minutes later, the Bulldogs matched the same play, with quarterback Zevi Eckhaus finding receiver Anthony Frederick for a touchdown, much like the first scoring drive of the game.

The second quarter proved little change for the Lions, as Bryant found their endzone once more, and runningback Ryan Clark scored on a one-yard run within the first minute of the quarter. Lindenwood would put themselves on the scoreboard later in the quarter thanks to a field goal by Logan Seibert. Bryant would respond once more, as Eckhaus found Frederick for a third time in the first half. The Bulldogs also piled on a field goal as the clock ran out for the first half, making the score 31-3 as both teams headed into their locker rooms.

The second half proved to be quiet for both teams, as Bryant scored the lone points for either team late in the third quarter. The touchdown made the score 38-3, which was the final score at the end of the game.

For Lindenwood, Spencer Redd put up 87 receiving yards in the game, leading the team. Quarterback Justice Cooper threw for nearly 200 yards, falling just short with 191. On the defensive side of the ball, Frank Caldwell and Moses Ale shared a sack amongst themselves, forcing a loss of two yards in the process.

Lindenwood ended up going 3-7 on the season, while also putting up a 1-5 record in interdivisional play. The team will return next Fall for the 2024 season, though that schedule for that is not yet announced.