Men’s basketball prepares to kickoff winter break at home versus UMKC

Photo by Don Adam’s Jr
Senior Keenon Cole catches pass in game against the East-West Phantoms.

This Saturday afternoon, the 3-5 Lindenwood men’s basketball team will be playing their first winter break game of the season at home, against the 3-6 UMKC Kangaroos.

The Lions are currently coming off a two game losing streak, and looking to end it come Saturday.

“Our goals are to keep rolling fast, defense staying on guard, and offense taking advantage of every opportunity,” assistant coach Anthony Beane said.

According to Beane, last season, competing against the division 1 competition, as the team had adjusted, everyone had begun to really come together, and that has carried into this season. And this year, as more experience has been gained and chemistry developed, the Lions especially have a high shot taking this season far, including with their upcoming game verses the Kangaroos.

“Our biggest strengths have been getting to attack early on offense, and being on guard on defense,” Beane said. “[If] everything matches, and our guys click among one another, we will have a great team.”

According to Beane, and redshirt sophomore guard Brayden Foust, while rebounding and fouling have been struggles for the Lions at times, areas of excelling for Lindenwood have been guarding and shooting. The Lions look to keep all of those in mind going into their game against UMKC, all their regular season games after, and eventually the OVC tournament.

“We’re still at the beginning of the season, so we’re still learning, and still as always looking for extra ways to knock down obstacles,” Foust said. “A lot more to do. We got a lot more workouts, longer practices, [and] more intensity. Those should go far with us against UMKC, our OVC opponents, and the season as a whole.”