Women’s lacrosse defeats Youngstown in record setting day [PHOTO GALLERY]

Lauren+Bailey+prepares+to+pass+the+ball+to+a+teammate+in+a+game+against+Youngstown+University.+
Photo by Josh Calloni
Lauren Bailey prepares to pass the ball to a teammate in a game against Youngstown University.

The Lindenwood women’s lacrosse team defeated Youngstown University 17-10, to better their season record to 9-1.

In the game, Logann Eldredge broke a Lindenwood program record by scoring 13 points in the game, which was previously set in 2014. The Lions also broke their single-season win record in the game, recording their ninth win of the season.

Despite falling behind 2-0 in the first, the Lions clawed back to tie the game before the clock expired for the quarter. Eldredge scored her first point at the seven-minute mark to make the score 2-1 and then assisted teammate Alissa Digiacinto two minutes later to tie the game. Youngstown would quickly add another score, but Eldredge responded quickly to score two more points in the final two minutes of the quarter, to make the score 4-3.

In the second quarter, Youngstown scored first to tie the game, but Lindenwood responded with another goal. Sara Grieco scored with an assist from Eldredge to give the Lions another lead, 5-4. Youngstown again tied the game a minute later, before Reese Krieger gave Lindenwood another lead, with an assist from Eldredge. Youngstown would score two more in the quarter, but Lindenwood added another score of their own, with Kiley Davis scoring a goal, with an assist from Eldredge, leaving the game tied 7-7 at halftime.

The Lions scored two points within the first five minutes of play in the third quarter, with both goals coming from Eldredge, with Digiacinto assisting on the first of the two. After allowing one more Youngstown score, the Lions went on a run of four consecutive scores, to make the game 13-8. Digiacinto scored the first of which, with an assist from Eldredge, and Krieger scored the second unassisted. Eldredge was able to score the final two points of the third quarter, making the score 13-9 heading into the final period of play.

In the fourth quarter, Grieco scored two unassisted goals within the first five minutes of play, before Youngstown added their tenth and final score of the game. Lindenwood added two scores to finish off the game, with Digiancino and Eldredge each scoring unassisted goals.

The team now goes on a lengthy four-game road trip against Coastal Carolina, Stetson, Jacksonville, and Butler Universities, before returning to campus to host Kennesaw State University on April 17. That game is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.