Men’s lacrosse adapts to new roster through final season

Photo by Parker Kilen
Lindenwood men’s Lacrosse team celebrates first goal of game vs Air Force Falcons.

Last Saturday, the Lindenwood men’s lacrosse team took on the Air Force Falcons. 

The Falcons have had a history of having strong men’s and women’s lacrosse programs, including this season. With that, it ended up being a tough game for the Lions, but the team had big moments, and looks to use them to their advantage in their upcoming games. 

“It was another battle we had, as we’ve just been needing to grow,” head coach Jim Lange said. “We tried to zone That’s one of the big things we saw, and we know we can run the zone when we need to.” 

This year, being the final season for Lindenwood men’s lacrosse things have been highly different. When it was announced the team was going to be cut at the conclusion of the 2024 season, the team lost 16 total players. 

“It’s been hard because we don’t have the numbers that we used to,” graduate attack Adrian Thompson said. “If we had those numbers like we did last year, it’d be a whole different story.” 

This Saturday, the Lions will be taking on the Marquette Golden Eagles.

Despite the unexpected roster change-up, the Lions still have been striving to make their final season one to remember. They allow every player to be showcased and noticed by other teams, if that player is looking to transfer, and learn life lessons from the season. 

“We might not win as many games this year, but what we can do is learn and grow from each game, and apply these lessons to our lives,” Thompson said.