Provost Weitzel accepts presidency at another college

Jonathan Davies | Opinions Editor
Published February 13, 2015; 11:15 a.m.

Photo by Tyler Jeffers LU Provost Jann Weitzel
Photo by Tyler Jeffers
LU Provost Jann Weitzel

President James Evans has announced via email that Lindenwood Provost Jann Weitzel has accepted the presidency at Cottey College in Nevada, Missouri. The email was addressed to the faculty and staff on the morning of February 13.

Evans encouraged staff to congratulate Weitzel, adding, “I believe we all recognize that Cottey is acquiring one of the most knowledgeable and capable executives in higher education and that it will be in very good hands under President Weitzel’s leadership.”

He also addressed his thanks for her services throughout the duration of her employment at Lindenwood University. Weitzel, who joined the English faculty in 1994 and later served as the Dean of Humanities, is Lindenwood’s current provost and vice president for academic affairs.

She has had many exceptional accomplishments that will be remembered as history shapers at Lindenwood,” Evans said in the email, “including improved calendaring and communication systems for academic affairs, standardization of strategic planning procedures, Sibley Day, implementation of academic honesty systems, enhancement of academic standards, and the Lindenwood EDGE booklet – to name just a few of her notable achievements.”

Evans also credited Weitzel for leading LU to its most recent reaffirmation of regional accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission.

Weitzel’s presidency at Cottey College will begin on June 1.

$575
$1000