Weekly Sports Round-Up

Photo by Kat Owens

Taylor McDaniel, Reporter

Golf

The women brought home the title for the McKendree Bearcat Dual Gender tournament, while the men finished third out of seven teams.  For the women, McKenna Montgomery was Lindenwood’s top golfer, and she finished second overall.  This ends their season for the semester. The teams will return on Feb. 17 for the Newberry College Invitational.

Tennis

Both men’s and women’s teams beat Missouri Baptist in a home match on Wednesday. The competition was the women’s first win of the season and the second for the men.  This match also brought their season to a close.  The Lions will return Feb. 22 at Quincy University.

Field Hockey

Women’s field hockey competed in two games this week. The first led them to a defeat by Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a score of 2-1. This game brought the Lions to an 8-6 record for the season.

The next day, they made up for the loss with a 5-0 win over Seton Hill.

Their next game can be seen on home turf against Bellarmine University on Nov. 2.

Indiana University of Pennsylvania Box Score

Seton Hill Box Score

Soccer

The women’s team brought home a win over the Drury Panthers on Friday with a final score of 2-0

The men also fought hard in a no score game against the Panthers.

Sunday, the women defeated Southwest Baptist University 1-0, bringing their record to 7-7-1 overall.  Men’s soccer also defeated Southwest Baptist, by a score of 7-1.  Their record is now 7-4-4.

Both teams’ next game is scheduled for Nov. 1 against Quincy University.

Women vs. Drury Box Score

Men vs. Drury Box Score

Women vs. Southwest Baptist Box Score

Men vs. Southwest Baptist Box Score

Ice Hockey

The women brought their record to 2-3-2 with a 1-1 tie against Clarkson University.

The next day, they were shut down by Clarkson with a 0-7 loss.

The team will be traveling to Erie, Pennsylvania Nov. 1 and 2 in efforts to take down Mercyhurst University.

First Game Box Score

Second Game Box Score

Volleyball

The women dropped a three-set match against Illinois-Springfield. This leaves the Lions with a 10-10 record.

In their second game of the week, they played a four-set game against Lewis ending with a 3-1 loss, bringing their record to 10-11

Their next match will be held on Nov. 1 in the Hyland Arena against Bellarmine.

Illinois-Springfield Box Score

Lewis Box Score

Cross Country

Austin Crowe led the men’s team to a sixth place overall finish at the GLVC championships with his personal fourth place time of 25:27.

The women finished tenth out of 14 teams overall with the help from a first place time of 23:07 from Najwa Chouati.

Both teams will compete again on Nov. 9 at the NCAA men’s and women’s Midwest Regional.

Football

The Lions brought home a 33-27 win over Quincy Saturday.

Lindenwood remains undefeated in GLVC play, and its record improves to 5-3 for the season overall.

The team will be back home for a game against the University of Indianapolis on Nov. 2.

Quincy Box Score

Rugby

The men took a 58-0 win over Iowa Central Community College on home turf. They will next be seen against the Royal Ramblers on Nov. 2 at the Lou Fusz Soccer Complex in St. Louis.