Nearly 70 students sign up at the Legacy/Lindenlink voter registration drive

Megan Weigert stops by to register to vote during the Voter Registration event hosted by the Legacy and Lindenlink.com.  Photo by Mili Mena
Megan Weigert stops by to register to vote during the Voter Registration event hosted by the Legacy and Lindenlink.com.
Photo by Mili Mena

Mili Mena | Design Chief
Sept. 27, 2016; 5 p.m.

Photo by Mili Mena

Nearly 70 people registered to vote at a drive sponsored by the Legacy/Lindenlink Sept. 27.

Those who registered will now be able to vote in the 2016 Presidential Election, which will be held Nov. 8.

The drive was located at two locations; one was outside the dining hall at Spellmann Center, the other outside the upper level entrance of Spellmann.  Staff from the Legacy/Lindenlink provided forms for the registrants and answered questions.  

Nearly 70 Lindenwood students registered, and dozens asked about the absentee ballot process.

According to the U.S Election Commission, in most states absentee voting requires a voter to make a formal request for an absent ballot.

Students who had not registered previously were able to register in Missouri, using  their school address. Those who had registered previously will have to either go home to vote or request an absentee ballot from their home county.

Student Meagan Rundle said the event was very helpful and made the process convenient.

According to St. Louis NPR,  young voters could be a decisive factor in the presidential election. 

Representatives of the groups College Democrats, College Republicans and Young Adults for Liberty helped with the registration.