6 tips to get through the first week of school

Students gather outside Niccolls Hall during a passing time between morning classes.
File photo by Lindenlink staff

BY MICHELLE SPROAT|VIDEO CONTENT MANAGER

The fall 2017 semester is underway, and some things have changed since the spring. Here are six things to look for during the first week back at school.

1. Lindenwood is a tobacco-free campusAs of Aug. 1, the use of tobacco on campus is prohibited. This includes all Lindenwood-controlled and owned property, according to the Tobacco-Free Policy.
  2. The Library and Academic Resources Center is open, and so is StarbucksThe campus Starbucks held a soft opening on Aug. 14 before the LARC was open to the public. The library opened on Aug. 24 following a ceremonial event, the Book Brigade, which transferred the last 50 books from Butler Library to the LARC.
  3. Parking on campus is free but vehicles still need a sticker. Parking fees on campus have been waived, but vehicles still need a sticker. Vehicles can be registered on StarRez.
  4. Offices and classes across campus are now in different locations. Public Safety and Security are now located on the fourth floor of Spellmann. Other offices and classes have relocated to the LARC and other locations around campus.
  5. Residential Life’s visitation policy has undergone some changes. A pilot visitation policy will be in action this semester across campus. Overnight visitation is now approved for Friday and Saturday night. The full policy can be found here.
  6. The Legacy is going digitalThe weekly newspaper has been discontinued to allow for a stronger online presence and a new magazine. Lindenlink will now be updated with daily content to keep the campus and community informed.