Greek life finds unique way to support breast cancer awareness

Delta Zeta member Jessie Basler assists junior Ashraf Ahmed as he tries to throws ping pong balls into bras Oct. 25 in Spellmann Center. Delta Zata and Delta Tau Delta joined up to raise funds for breast cancer research with the bra pong game.
Photo by Ciara Griffin

CIARA GRIFFIN Reporter

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Delta Zeta and Delta Tau Delta partnered up to raise funds for breast cancer research with the game bra pong in Spellmann Center on Oct. 25-27.

Bra pong is like beer pong with a spin. First, members of the sorority and fraternity attached several different colorful bras — in larger sizes such as C’s, D’s, DD’s and DDD’s — to a board. Then students got three tries to throw a Ping-Pong ball into one of the bra cups. Those who succeeded got a raffle ticket to win a $50 Amazon gift card.

Students paid $1 for three turns; all the money went to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation, said Delta Zeta member Jessie Basler. The groups also distributed breast cancer pamphlets.

“Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun, and we received requests to make this an annual event,” Basler said.

The groups raised $68.