Scheidegger Center to host annual high school art exhibit

A+piece+by+Parkway+South+High+School+student+Anna+Brackett%2C+titled+Malik+in+the+Mountains.+Bracketts+teacher%2C+Nora+Olive%2C+was+also+credited.+Photo+by+Madeline+Raineri.+
A piece by Parkway South High School student Anna Brackett, titled Malik in the Mountains. Brackett’s teacher, Nora Olive, was also credited. Photo by Madeline Raineri.

MADELINE RAINERI Reporter 

Lindenwood will host the annual art exhibit titled Young Artists and Their Teachers 2017  which is sponsored by the Lindenwood University Art Department.

The exhibit, which will be held in the Boyle Family Gallery in the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts will be on display from Nov. 19-Dec. 9 and showcases artwork by Missouri high school juniors and seniors, as well as their teachers.

The piece on the left, titled “Garden Rose” by Warrenton High School’s Brenna Hambach and teacher Jessica Busby. The untitled stoneware piece on the right also came from a Warrenton student, Hailey Algor.

Over 25 different public and private institutions are sending their best artwork to be showcased, and the institutions range from Bismarck R-5 up to Hannibal High School.

This weekend, an opening reception which is free and open to the public will be held on Sunday, Nov. 19 from noon-2 p.m. in the Boyle Family Gallery.

In addition, an awards ceremony will be held at 1 p.m.

For any further information, please contact John Troy, the Art Department Chair at [email protected]