Five reasons to leave your dorm this week

Ping-pong%2C+a+clothing+swap+and+a+night+of+card+games+with+chocolate+treats+are+all+Residential+Life+events+going+on+this+week.+%0A+Photos+from+Pexels.com+and+Pixabay.com.+Illustration+by+Michelle+Sproat.+
Ping-pong, a clothing swap and a night of card games with chocolate treats are all Residential Life events going on this week.
Photos from Pexels.com and Pixabay.com. Illustration by Michelle Sproat.

MICHELLE SPROAT | Video Content Manager

Are you finding yourself in need of a reason to get up and out of your dorm this week? Here are five things you can do around Lindenwood’s campus and in the greater St. Louis area! 

1. Help make dog toys for homeless pooches with Alpha Phi Omega. 
Monday, March 26 through Wednesday, March 28
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Spellmann Clock Tower

Lindenwood University’s service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega invites students to help make toys for homeless dogs at Five Acres Animal Shelter this week. The organization is providing the materials to make braided rope toys. Click here for more information on the event. 

2. Treat yourself to a night at Texas Roadhouse for a Sigma Sigma Sigma fundraiser.   
Tuesday, March 27 
3:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Texas Roadhouse, 1300 Bass Pro Drive, St. Charles, Missouri

Lindenwood sorority Tri Sigma is raising money for their chapter at Texas Roadhouse. Ten percent of the overall bill will be donated to the organization. See the flyer below for more information on this event.  

3. Hang out with friends at various dorm events. 
Various times and dates

Four dorms on campus are hosting events this week. Dorm events are free and open to all Lindenwood students. Check out the schedule of events below. 

• Cards and Chocolate – Play card games, eat chocolate chip cookies and drink hot chocolate at Rauch Memorial Hall. 
    • Tuesday, March 27
    • 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
  • Clothing Swap – Bring slightly used clothes and accessories to exchange in the lounge of Sibley Hall. Leftover items can go back to the owner or will be donated to a local shelter. Food will be provided. 
    • Wednesday, March 28
    • 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
  • Ping Pong Tournament – Show of your skills or learn the game in Parker Hall’s ping-pong tournament. The winner of the tournament will receive a gift card. Food will be provided. 
    • Wednesday, March 28 
    • 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
  • How well do you know your roommate? – Teams of roommates can sign up to see how well they know each other in a quiz bowl-style event. The event takes place at Guffey Hall. The top two teams will get a prize to share. 
    • Thursday, March 29
    • 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. 

4. Test your Disney knowledge at Sugar Cubed on Main Street.
Friday, March 30
7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
917 S Main St., St. Charles, Missouri

Sugar Cubed is hosting a Disney Trivia Night for all Disney lovers out there. Tickets are $15 per person and include access to the shop’s s’mores bar. Outside food and drinks are not allowed. Register for the event here

5. See the 2016 Tony Award-winning musical “The Color Purple” at the Fox Theatre.  
March 20 through April 1
Various Times 
527 N. Grand Blvd., St. Louis, Missouri

“The Color Purple” tells the story of a young black woman’s journey in the American South in the mid-20th century. The musical is based on the 1983 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Alice Walker. For more information on the show including ticket prices and showtimes, click here