What to do in May around the St. Charles area

There+are+many+things+to+do+around+the+St.+Charles+area+during+the+month+of+May.+%0A+Graphic+by+Michelle+Sproat.+
There are many things to do around the St. Charles area during the month of May.
Graphic by Michelle Sproat.

MICHELLE SPROAT | Video Content Manager

Just because school is coming to an end doesn’t mean St. Charles will fall short on activities. Here are five things to do in and around St. Charles during the month of May.

Shop late on Main Street during the Main Street In Bloom event.

Main Street in St. Charles will blossom with color during the second annual Main Street In Bloom event. The event is on Saturday, May 5, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, May 6, from noon to 5 p.m.

Celebrate spring with Maypole dancing on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m. 

There will be performances by the Lewis and Clark Fife and Drum Corps on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday starting at 1:30 p.m. 

Shops will also be open later during the event. 

For more information on this event, click here.

Have a laugh with Trevor Noah at the Peabody Opera House.

Comedian and host of the award winning “The Daily Show” on Comedy Central, Trevor Noah, is coming to the Peabody Opera House on Friday, May 11. 

The South African native discusses social and political issues in the United States as well as his experiences growing up at the end of his country’s apartheid. 

Noah will be performing two shows, the first starting at 7:30 p.m. and the second starting at 10 p.m.

Tickets are still available on the Ticketmaster website. 

Read more about Noah and his upcoming performance here

See Alice in Chains, Shinedown, The Struts and more live in concert at Pointfest. 

Pointfest is a one-day music festival jam packed with shows by eight different artists. 

The festival takes place on Saturday, May 12 at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre in Maryland Heights, Missouri. Tickets are on sale now starting at $20 for general admission lawn seats. 

Pointfest is presented by 105.7 The Point. 

For more information on Pointfest 2018, click here.

Jam out to classic and southern rock during the first Music on Main event of the summer. 

Music on Main is an event that brings the community together, sharing a love for music. This month, Soul Cracker will take the stage with classic and southern rock tunes.

The free concert is on Wednesday, May 16, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m and will take place on the 100-200 blocks of North Main Street. 

It is recommended that you bring your own lawn chairs to the event. Food and drinks will be available at the concert for purchase. 

Click here to find out more about this month’s Music on Main concert. 

Be a part of the largest free Irish festival in the Midwest. 

Head down to Frontier Park for the 14th annual Missouri River Irish Festival from Friday, May 25, through Sunday, May 27. 

Festivities kick off with a performance by The Irish Aires at 6 p.m. on Friday. The opening ceremony is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. following the performance. 

Immerse yourself in Irish culture with live music, dancing, street vendors and more. 

Read more about the Irish festival, including a full schedule of events, here