Husband of Lindenwood employee gets probation for domestic assault, unlawful use of weapon

photo from pexels.com

MADELINE RAINERI News Editor

A Lindenwood employee’s husband got a suspended sentence after pleading guilty to second-degree domestic assault and unlawful use of a weapon, both felony charges. 

The charges stem from March 23, when Christopher H. Thomas assaulted his wife and threatened her with a semi-automatic pistol in their Lindenwood campus residence in the 500 block of Glenco Drive.

Mugshot of Christopher H. Thomas provided by the St. Charles County Prosecutor’s Office.

Thomas struck his wife with either his hand or an object, causing a cut to her ear, and also choked her, police said.

At some point, Thomas grabbed a semi-automatic pistol and told his wife, “Call the police if you want to, I’m gonna go to jail forever,” and  “l don’t care anymore, there’s gonna be a shootout.”

The woman eventually was able to get Thomas to put the gun down. She notified police two days later after speaking with friends

Thomas entered the guilty pleas on May 24. According to court documents, Circuit Judge Daniel Pelikan gave Thomas a five-year suspended sentence, which will be expunged from his record if he completes probation successfully. Conditions of probation require that Thomas complete 60 days of shock time in jail, with credit for time served, complete a batterer’s intervention program and have no contact with the victim unless through their attorneys. 

In addition, Thomas must not purchase, possess or consume alcohol, and he will be required to be monitored by wearing a GPS device for 60 days. Thomas also must pay all court costs and fees. 

Thomas’ wife filed for divorce, according to court records. 

As previously reported by Lindenlink, Thomas also has a history of domestic assault. According to court documents, after an incident in Chesterfield in 2015 Thomas was required to go to anger management courses to get a suspended sentence.