Concerts coming to St. Louis this week

Photo from Pexels.com

MEGAN COURTNEY A&E Editor

Looking for something to do? How about a concert? Check out the list below to see who’s stopping by St. Louis this week.

1. Jackson Browne
Monday, June 25
7:30 p.m.
Peabody Opera House

Jackson Browne was at the peak of his career during the 70’s and 80’s, as each of his albums topped the charts. During the 80’s, Browne’s fanbase shrank because he participated in political protests, but he bounced back with the release of his 1993 album “I’m Alive.”

Tickets begin at $27 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the Peabody Opera House box office. Box office hours can be found on the event page.

2. Tory Lanez: Memories Don’t Die Tour
Tuesday, June 26
8 p.m
Delmar Hall

“MEMORIES DON’T DIE” is the name of Canadian-born rapper Tory Lanez‘s new album which came out earlier this year. The album has 18 tracks and features appearances from Wiz Khalifa, 50 Cent, Future and more. 

Tickets are $35 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or through Suite 100 at The Pageant. All tickets purchased in person with cash at Suite 100 will be discounted to face value. Hours for Suite 100 can be found on The Pageant’s website. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

3. David Ramirez: Bootleg Tour (Live Album Recording)
Tuesday, June 26
8 p.m.
Duck Room at Blueberry Hill

Texas-native David Ramirez produced new music at a rapid rate, releasing two full-length albums and two EPs in the span of five years. His most recent album, released in September 2017, “We’re Not Going Anywhere,” was released in September 2017 on Ramirez’s own label.

Tickets are $16 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the venue. All tickets purchased in person with cash will be discounted to face value. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

4. Lea Michele and Darren Criss: LM/DC Tour
Wednesday, June 27
7:30 p.m.
Peabody Opera House

At the young age of nine, Lea Michele was a Broadway star, but she is best known for her role of Rachel Berry on “Glee.” She is now a Top 40 pop vocalist, according to her Spotify page.

Darren Criss, also a musician and actor, joined the cast of “Glee” in 2010, playing the role of Blaine Anderson. According to his Spotify page, he was originally hired as a guest star but soon became a regular character after the Glee version of Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” became the first song from the show to top charts.

Tickets begin at $26.50 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the Peabody Opera House box office. Box office hours can be found on the event page.

With every ticket purchase, purchasers have the option to purchase an exclusive tour photo t-shirt. The price of the shirt includes shipping and taxes when applicable. To purchase, look for the t-shirt option on the order review page during checkout.

5. AWOLNATION: Here Come the Runts Tour
Wednesday, June 27
8 p.m.
The Pageant

AWOLNATION made its debut in 2011 with the release of the full-length album “Megalithic Symphony,” released on Red Bull Records. According to the band’s Spotify page, the album went platinum in the U.S and double platinum in Canada primarily because of the song “Sail.” The band released the full-length album “Here Come the Runts” earlier this year.

Tickets are $29.50 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or through Suite 100 at The Pageant. All tickets purchased in person with cash at Suite 100 will be discounted to face value. Hours for Suite 100 can be found on The Pageant’s website. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

6. Social Distortion
Thursday, June 28
8 p.m.
Pops (Sauget, Illinois)

Described as the “punk version of The Rolling Stones,” Social Distortion saw its fair share of band members since forming in 1978. The band’s album “Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell,” is the most popular album to date. 

Tickets are $35 if purchased in advance or $40 at the doors of the show and can be purchased online through TicketWeb or in person at the venue. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

7. Sugarland
Saturday, June 30
7 p.m.
Chaifetz Arena

Forming in 2002, the country act began as a trio from Atlanta, Georgia. Each member had some level of experience as a solo country songwriter. Sugarland currently has more than 2 million listeners on Spotify. Some of their popular songs include “Baby Girl,” “Stuck Like Glue,” and “All I Want To Do.”

Tickets begin at $23 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the Chaifetz Arena box office. Box office hours can be found on the Chaifetz Arena website by clicking here.

Every ticket that is purchased online comes with a digital download of Sugarland’s upcoming album “Bigger.” An email with instructions on how to redeem the album will be sent to the purchaser on the album’s release day. There is only one download allowed per ticket. The offer is not valid for any tickets purchased through Ticketmaster fan-to-fan resale.

8.  SiriusXM Presents: Johnnyswim & Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors
Saturday, June 30
8 p.m.
The Pageant

Johnnyswim is made up of husband and wife, Abner Ramirez and Amanda Sudano. Sudano is the daughter of disco and R&B singer, Donna Summer. The duo released an EP in May of this year called “Goodbye Road.”

Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors is a band from Nashville, Tennessee, with influences from artists such as Tom Petty and Bob Dylan. The band has, to date, sold over 150,000 albums and played more than 2,000 shows in seven countries.

9. Hollaaa! A Missy Elliott Tribute Jam
Saturday, June 30
10 p.m.
The Bootleg at Atomic Cowboy

Missy Elliott‘s birthday is approaching, and what better way to celebrate than a night full of her music? 

Tickets are $7 if purchased in advance or $10 at the door and can be purchased online through TicketWeb or in person at the doors. 

This event is restricted to crowds 21 and over. Any ticket holder who does not have a valid ID and can prove they are at least 21 will not be allowed into the event nor be eligible for a refund. 

10. Bishop Briggs
Sunday, July 1
8 p.m.
Delmar Hall

Bishop Briggs was born in London to Scottish parents. Her music blends folk, pop and electronic music, creating a “wholly unique sound,” according to her Spotify page. Briggs released an album earlier this year called “Church of Scars.”

Tickets are $25 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or through Suite 100 at The Pageant. All tickets purchased in person with cash at Suite 100 will be discounted to face value. Hours for Suite 100 can be found on The Pageant’s website. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

A VIP package is available for this event and is priced at $75. To purchase, click here.

For a complete selection of concerts, sporting events and more, visit Ticketmaster’s website. Be sure to check back next week for more concerts coming to St. Louis.