Concerts coming to St. Louis this week

Photo from Pexels.com

MEGAN COURTNEY A&E Editor

Looking for something to do this week?

How about hanging out with “Jersey Shore” star DJ Pauly D or singing along with Chris Brown?

There is a wide selection of artists coming to venues all across St. Louis this week for music lovers everywhere to enjoy.

1. Spirit Adrift
Wednesday, July 25
8 p.m.
Duck Room at Blueberry Hill

Spirit Adrift is four-man heavy metal band, reigning from Phoenix, is influenced by other big names such as Black Sabbath, Metallica, Judas Priest, Pink Floyd and many others.

Tickets are $8 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the venue. All tickets purchased in person with cash will be discounted to face value. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

2. Theory of a Deadman
Wednesday, July 25
8 p.m.
Delmar Hall

Theory of a Deadman has taken a new direction and approach with its recent album “Wake Up Call,” which is more “melodic” and “intimate.” Some of the bands most popular songs include “Rx (Medicate)” which has over 48 million streams on Spotify and “Angel,” which has over 50 million streams.

Tickets are $28 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or through Suite 100 at The Pageant. All tickets purchased in person with cash at Suite 100 will be discounted to face value. Hours for Suite 100 can be found on The Pageant’s website. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

3. Joywave
Thursday, July 26
8 p.m. 
Delmar Hall

Rochester based indie band Joywave applied its signature sound mixed with humor into its 2017 album “Content,” through the dual-meaning of the word itself and by moving into more personal subjects for the lead singer of the band, Daniel Armbruster. 

Tickets are $16 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or through Suite 100 at The Pageant. All tickets purchased in person with cash at Suite 100 will be discounted to face value. Hours for Suite 100 can be found on The Pageant’s website. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

4. The Hollow Ends
Friday, July 27
8 p.m.
Duck Room at Blueberry Hill

St. Louis native folk-rock band The Hollow Ends are driven by pounding drums and a “distorted hollow-body guitar” that have punk, rock and Americana feel. 

Tickets are $8 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or through Suite 100 at The Pageant. All tickets purchased in person with cash at Suite 100 will be discounted to face value. Hours for Suite 100 can be found on The Pageant’s website. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

5. Stars Align Tour: Jeff Beck and Paul Rodgers with Ann Wilson of Heart
Saturday, July 28
7 p.m.
Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre

After Rod Stewart left the Jeff Beck Group in 1971, Jeff Beck never again worked with a lead singer. His music can be considered sporadic, as it moved from heavy metal to jazz fusion quickly.

Known for his “expressive” vocals, Paul Rodgers has sold over 125 million albums worldwide and has been cited as an influence for other big names in music such as the Black Crowes and Guns N’ Roses. Rodges’ most recent album, “Free Spirit,” was released in June of this year and features 16 songs.

Ann Wilson‘s voice is considered to be the “best ever,” because of its power and wide range. Some of her most popular songs include “Surrender To Me,” which has over 500 thousand streams on Spotify and “I Am The Highway” which has over 5 thousand streams.

Tickets for general admission lawn seating are $20 or $14.75 if purchased in bundles of four and tickets for reserved seating begin at $25 or $14.75 if purchased in bundles of four. Tickets can be purchased online through Live Nation or through the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre box office. Box office hours can be found on the event page.

Meet and greet packages for Paul Rodgers are available for purchase for this event and are priced at $225. For more information or to purchase, click here.

6. 106.5 The Arch Presents: Boy Band Night
Saturday, July 28
8 p.m.
Delmar Hall

The band Boy Band Night pays tribute to any and all things boy bands, according to its official website. The band covers other names in music such as One Direction, Boyz 2 Men, N’Sync, Backstreet Boys and more.

Tickets are $12 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or through Suite 100 at The Pageant. All tickets purchased in person with cash at Suite 100 will be discounted to face value. Hours for Suite 100 can be found on The Pageant’s website. This event is restricted to 21 and over.

7. DJ Pauly D
Saturday, July 28
9 p.m.
RYSE Nightclub (St. Charles)

Remember DJ Pauly D from “Jersey Shore,” and all of his catchphrases like “gym, tan and laundry,” and “cabs are here?” He is making his way to St. Charles and can be witnessed live and in person. 

Tickets are sold out on Ticketmaster for this event, but resale tickets can be purchased on Stub Hub. These tickets may be priced more than the original face value.

8. Chris Brown Presents: Heartbreak On A Full Moon Tour
Sunday, July 29
6:30 p.m.
Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre

By the end of the ’00s decade, Chris Brown was considered to be one of the most “active” pop stars with a number of Top Ten singles and platinum albums. His career slowed down slightly in 2009 when he plead guilty to assaulting then girlfriend Rihanna, which resulted in the both of them not taking the stage at the Grammy’s that year and Brown maintaining a low profile.

Tickets for general admission lawn seating are $25 or $19.50 if purchased in bundles of four and tickets for reserved seating begin at $29.99. Tickets can be purchased online through Live Nation or through the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre box office. Box office hours can be found on the event page

For a complete selection of concerts, sporting events and more, visit Ticketmaster’s website. Be sure to check back next week for more concerts coming to St. Louis.