Concerts coming to St. Louis this week

Photo from Pexels.com

MEGAN COURTNEY A&E Editor

Looking for something to do? How about a concert?

This is a slow week in terms of who’s coming through St. Louis, but a few big names like Cyndi Lauper and Lynyrd Skynyrd will make appearances.

1. Hudson Moore
Friday, Aug. 17
7 p.m.
Tin Roof (St. Louis)

Hudson Moore appears to be doing well for himself. This country artist, who has no support from a major record label, has earned himself over 6.5 million streams on Spotify and has opened for artists such as Rascal Flatts, Hunter Hayes, ZZ Top and more. His most popular song to date is “Just Wanna Love You,” which has over 2 million streams on Spotify.

Tickets are $8 and can be purchased online through TicketWeb or in person at the venue. All tickets purchased can be held at the venue for will call for free.

2. Sam Smith: The Thrill Of It All Tour
Friday, Aug. 17
8 p.m.
Chaifetz Arena

Ever since his 2013 debut with his single “Lay Me Down,” Sam Smith has continued to release music that has topped charts in both the U.S. and his home country of the U.K. His most popular songs include “Stay With Me,” which has over 800 million streams on Spotify and “Too Good at Goodbyes,” which has over 600 million streams.

Tickets begin at $45 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the Chaifetz Arena box office. Box office hours can be found on the Chaifetz Arena’s official website.

Every ticket purchased online comes with one physical copy of Smith’s upcoming album, “The Thrill Of It All.” Ticket purchasers will receive an email with instructions on how to redeem the CD. There is only one CD per ticket. The offer is not valid for any tickets purchased through fan-to-fan resale.

3. The Urge
Friday, Aug. 17
8 p.m.
Delmar Hall

This St. Louis-based “ska-punk” band, called The Urge, was formed in 1987 and its members have changed over the years. The band’s most popular song to date is called “Jump Right In” and has over 800,000 streams on Spotify.

Tickets are sold out for this event, but verified resale tickets can be purchased on Ticketmaster. Resale tickets may be priced higher than face value of the original tickets.

4. Blackberry Smoke and JJ Grey & Mofro
Saturday, Aug. 18
6 p.m.
Chesterfield Amphitheater

Blackberry Smoke has one sound that blends elements of country, blues, classic rock and folk which has done the band well. In 2015 and 2016, the band had albums that topped the Billboard country charts.

JJ Grey & Mofro have a stage presence that is “startling” and “compassionate,” but also intimate. The band has over 214,000 monthly listeners and multiple songs with well over 1 million streams on Spotify. 

Tickets for general admission lawn seating are $25 and tickets for reserved seating begin at $35 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster.

5. Lynyrd Skynyrd: Last of the Street Survivors Farewell Tour
Saturday, Aug. 18 
6 p.m.
Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre

Despite giving everything on stage, Lynyrd Skynyrd‘s music remained strong in the blues, rock and country genres. The band has an impressive number of over 8 million monthly listeners on Spotify. To date, the most popular song is “Sweet Home Alabama,” which has over 313 million streams on Spotify. 

Verified resale tickets for general admission lawn seating begin at $49.99 and tickets for reserved seating begin at $79.50 and can be purchased online through Live Nation or through the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre box office. Box office hours can be found on the event page

Meet and greet packages are available for this event and begin at $325. For more information, click here, or to purchase, click here

6. Rod Stewart with special guest Cyndi Lauper
Sunday, Aug. 19
7:30 p.m.
Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre

Even after admitting that he had some not-so-good albums, Rod Stewart was still an “innovative” songwriter, creating a combination of folk, rock, blues and country that was like nothing anyone had ever heard before. His most popular song to date is “Maggie May,” which has over 73 million streams on Spotify.

Most widely known for her hit song “Girls Just Want to Have Fun,” Cyndi Lauper is one of the most respect artists in music. Another one of Lauper’s songs, “Time After Time,” has over 130 million streams on Spotify, not too far behind “Girls Just Want to Have Fun,” which has over 197 million. 

Tickets for general admission lawn seating are $30 or $22.50 if purchased in bundles of four and tickets for select reserved seating also begin at $30 and can be purchased online through Live Nation or through the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre box office. Box office hours can be found on the event page.

For a complete selection of concerts, sporting events and more, visit Ticketmaster‘s official website. Be sure to check back next week for more concerts coming to St. Louis.