Concerts coming to St. Louis this week

Photo from Pexels.com

MEGAN COURTNEY | Culture Editor 

Looking for something to do? How about a concert?

This week, Journey and Def Leppard will be paying a visit to Busch Stadium and Niall Horan will make an appearance at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre. 

Check out the list below to see who’s stopping by St. Louis this week.

1. Live Nation presents: Lil Baby – Harder Than Ever Tour
Wednesday, Aug. 22
8 p.m.
The Pageant

Upon his release from prison for a probation violation in 2017, Lil Baby rose to fame with the release of his mixtape “Perfect Timing.” Since then, he has released a full-length studio album that features artists such as Lil Uzi Vert, Drake and Offset. The album, titled “Harder Than Ever,” chimed in at number 3 on the Billboard 200 albums chart when it was released in April 2018.

Tickets are $27.50 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or through Suite 100 at The Pageant. All tickets purchased in person with cash at Suite 100 will be discounted to face value. Hours for Suite 100 can be found on The Pageant’s website. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

2. River Whyless
Wednesday, Aug. 22
8 p.m.
Duck Room at Blueberry Hill

This four-piece folk-rock group from North Carolina recorded its debut album, “A Stone, a leaf, an Unfound Door,” in a home studio and then self-released it without a record label in 2012. River Whyless is known to have an “artful” approach to songwriting and song arrangements. 

Tickets are $15 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the venue. All tickets purchased in person with cash will be discounted to face value. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

3. Strung Out
Thursday, Aug. 23
8 p.m.
Duck Room at Blueberry Hill

Southern California punk band Strung Out was the “mainstays of the punk circuit for decades,” until the band rounded out with a “melodic” approach years later. The band’s most recent release features 8 songs and is titled “Black out the Sky.”

Tickets are $18 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the venue. All tickets purchased in person with cash will be discounted to face value. There is a $2 minor surcharge.

4. Journey and Def Leppard
Friday, Aug. 24
6 p.m.
Busch Stadium

Journey and Def Leppard, with special guest Cheap Trick, will come together to share the stage at Busch Stadium. For more information about pricing, prohibited items and more, click here

Tickets can be purchased online through Busch Stadium’s ticketing website or in person at the ticketing windows. 

For more information or to purchase a VIP package for this event, click here.

5. Earth, Wind & Fire
Friday, Aug. 24
8 p.m.
Stifel Theatre (formerly known as the Peabody Opera House)

Earth, Wind & Fire were one of the most popular, critically acclaimed funk bands of the 1970s. With funk as the foundation, the group also incorporates jazz, smooth soul, gospel, pop, rock and roll, psychedelia, blues, folk, African music and disco into the sound, making it one unique blend. 

Tickets begin at $37.50 and can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or at the Stifel Theatre box office. Box office hours can be found on the event page. Only single seats are left for this event.

6. Niall Horan: Flicker World Tour 2018
Saturday, August 25
7 p.m.
Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre

After One Direction went on hiatus in 2016, some of the members, like Niall Horan, went on to have successful solo careers. Horan’s debut album “Flicker” was released in 2017 and features Maren Morris, who will be opening up for Horan.

Tickets for both general admission lawn and select reserved seating begin at $25 or $19.75 if purchased in bundles of four and can be purchased online through Live Nation  or through the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre box office. Box office hours can be found on the event page.

VIP packages are available for both artists. For more information on Horan’s packages, click here, and for Morris’s, click here.

For a complete selection of concerts, sporting events and more, visit Ticketmaster’s website. Be sure to check back next week for more concerts coming to St. Louis.