Preview: Campus Activities Board’s Better Yourself week

Outside+the+Student+Involvement+office%2C+where+CAB+members+work+hard+to+organize+campus+events.+Located+on+the+third+level+of+Evans+Commons.++Photo+by+Lauren+Pennock+
Photo by Lauren Pennock
Outside the Student Involvement office, where CAB members work hard to organize campus events. Located on the third level of Evans Commons.
Photo by Lauren Pennock

LAUREN PENNOCK | Reporter

The Lindenwood Campus Activities Board is hosting “Better Yourself Week,” beginning this Monday.  

All Lindenwood students are welcome to partake in the week-long relaxation festivities.

To start things off, CAB will have massage therapists located outside of the Spellmann Center dining hall, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students can stop by for a quick massage, while enjoying some free tea, among other treats offered.

For Tuesday, there will be a ‘munch n mingle,’ located in Evans dining hall, during lunch hours. Student who wish to participate, will receive a color-changing cup. According to which color they receive, students must go sit with those who have the same colored cup.

“This is so students can meet new people on campus,” said Tara LeClere, Co-Executive Event Coordinator.

Wednesday will be targeting student wellness. There will be tabling in the Evans Commons dining hall, during dinner hours, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Giveaways such as ice packs, stress balls, and informational handouts on coping with stress, anxiety, and depression will be also be available to students.

“We hope for this event to be about awareness for mental illness, and provide students with pointers on how to relax,” LeClere said.

On Thursday, students will be able to participate in Gloga (glow in the dark yoga). Although the exact location is still pending, the event is to take place in the Xfit room, located in the Evans rec center at 7 p.m. This will give students a chance to relieve some stress, while enjoying a new way to experience traditional yoga.

Better Yourself week will come to a close on Friday, centering in on kindness. CAB members will be handing out encouraging quotes, paired with candy in Spellmann, during dining hall lunch hours.

For more information regarding Better Yourself week visit Involve U or the Student Involvement office, located on the third level of Evans Commons.