5 reasons to leave your dorm this week

Kat Owens

Sick of looking at four walls? Here are five reasons to leave your dorm this weekend.
Illustration by Kat Owens

LAUREN PENNOCK | Reporter

Need ideas of how to spend the rest of your fall break or how to celebrate homecoming the right way? We have five for you. Here’s what’s happening this week around campus and the St. Louis area.

1. Monday Night Mixer 

Monday, Oct. 15

7 p.m.- 10 p.m. 

The Dark Room at The Grandel

If you’re in the mood for free live music, unique food, and art exhibits, head on over to the Dark Room at The Grandel. This week features the Keith Bowman Quartet.

2. Women’s Volleyball vs. Central Missouri

Tuesday, Oct. 16

6 p.m. 

Hyland Arena 

Grab your popcorn and soda, and cheer on the volleyball team as they face off against Central Missouri tomorrow evening.

3. Homecoming Student Organization Fair 

Wednesday, Oct. 17

5 p.m.-7 p.m.

Evans Commons Atrium 

Looking to make new friends and connections? Stop by Evans Commons tomorrow night to preview Lindenwood’s Student Organizations. You’ll have a chance to speak to the members, and gain more information on how to get involved.

4. Homecoming Lip Sync and Pep Rally 

Thursday, Oct. 18 

7 p.m.-10 p.m.

Hyland Arena 

Throw it back to the ’90s and over to Hyland Arena Thursday evening to get in a good laugh for the homecoming pep rally. Lindenwood student organizations will be competing in a lip sync battle to popular ’90s jams. With dance choreography, wild outfits, and their lip syncing skills alone, you won’t be bored.

5. Homecoming Parade 

Saturday, Oct. 20

10:30 a.m.- 11 a.m.

Lindenwood Campus

Make sure you’re awake to see the exciting floats Saturday morning, designed by Lindenwood student organizations. Be ready to catch some candy, but keep your appetite for the homecoming BBQ and local food trucks starting at 11 a.m. at the Field House.