Finals guide: exam schedule and library hours

The Library and Academic Resource Center is most likely where you will spend all your time during finals, either studying, cramming or getting more caffeine from Starbucks.

KAYLA DRAKE | Multimedia Producer

‘Tis the season for holiday cheer and final exams right around the corner. Here is the guide to exam schedules, library hours and how best to obtain coffee during finals. In case you don’t know, finals are Dec. 10-14. 

Library and Academic Resource Center hours:

Librarians are the friends you need when you have a paper due in your literature class at midnight and have no sources. Administrative assistants will be available at the reference desk to check out laptops, calculators and help students lookup any books or sources. This schedule is for the week before finals, starting this Sunday, and during finals.

The LARC extended its regular midnight hours until 2 a.m. for finals prep.

Although the Media and Gaming Lab will keep its regular hours of 8 a.m. until midnight Monday through Friday.

Access Services Director Lisa Young said the LARC will have a “stress-free zone” in a nook by the books where coloring books will be available for students that need a break from re-reading the same study guide for the 10th time or have hurting retinas from staring at a computer screen.

The reference desk currently has a big bowl of library hours taped to candy for students to pick up.

Stop by to pick up free candy and a copy of the library final hours this week at the reference desk in the LARC.

Starbucks hours:

This might be the most breaking news a coffee addict has heard all semester since the release of the pumpkin spice latte. Starbucks is staying open until midnight the week before finals. 

Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-midnight

Friday: 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m.

Saturday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.

Sunday: 2 p.m.-midnight

Exam schedule:

Last but definitely not least, the exam schedule. Double check with your professors that they are planning to have the same exam period as is listed on the schedule. 

Exam times do not always match up with your regular class period, so pay attention.

Photo from Lindenwood University