5 Reasons to leave your dorm room this weekend

5+Reasons
Photo by Kat Owens

TAYLOR MCDANIEL | CULTURE EDITOR

Now that students are bringing the third week of school to a close, most have a good handle on their schedules and are looking for something to do this weekend that will get them out of their dorm rooms. 

If this sounds like you, here are five reasons you should leave your dorm room this weekend. 

1. Attend Taste of St. Louis

Held in Downtown St. Louis, this event will be held Friday through Sunday. There will be many food booths offering various types of cuisine, there will be something for everyone. The event will also host a culinary competition, free concerts, and a farmer’s market along with so much more. 

For more information about the event as well as a complete list of vendors and music performances, visit the Taste of St. Louis website

2. Learn about woodland conservation at Duckfest

This odd and different event will bring more fun to your weekend than any dorm room ever could. Held in St. Peters, this free event is all about the outdoors. It focuses on hunting and conservation, while adding the fun of music, vendors, free goodies, and food. 

Attendees are welcome to join in on the sanctioned Calling Contest. Winners will compete at Nationals in Stuttgart, AR. 

All money raised at this event will go to the support of local charities from the St. Louis area. 

3. Attend the speaker series with Dr. Walter E. Williams

Friday, Dr. Williams will be at Lindenwood to discuss the topic, “Is the Constitution Still Relevant?”

The evening will begin at 6 p.m. with exhibits, and at 7 p.m. s presentation by Williams with a Q&A session to follow. 

Students with a valid ID from any school will receive free admission. General admission will cost the public $20.

4. Listen to Jay Leno at the Lindenwood Theater

Leno will be at the University on Saturday at 8 p.m. to perform a comedy act. 

He was here in 2014, go to the Lindenwood Theater to welcome him back to Lindenwood as well as get a good laugh while you are there. 

5. Cheer on the Lindenwood football team at their home opener

Saturday, the Lions will be facing Midwestern State at Hunter Stadium at 6 p.m. 

The Lions are looking for a a comeback after a defeat to Eastern Washington last week. The two teams have only met once before in 1994. 

During the game, both teams will be wearing yellow wristbands to bring recognition to Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention.