Career fair to be held Thursday

The Career and Internship Fair will be held on Sept. 26. at 2 p.m. in Evans Commons.
Photo from Student Involvement

CLAIRE BEAUDRY | Reporter

Lindenwood University students and alumni can meet and speak with job recruiters, discover new opportunities for employment and learn about internships this week. 

The Career and Internship Fair will take place in Evans Commons on Sept. 26 from 2 to 5 p.m.

According to Career Services, some tips you should know before attending this event are:

• Dress nicely: make sure you have something professional to wear. You do not want to look messy. Do not wear a basic t-shirt and jeans. 
  • Arrive early: doing so will show employers you are responsible.
  • Have good posture: as you are talking to employers, make sure you appear focused.
  • Have questions ready: make sure you have questions prepared to ask at the end of interviews and discussions. 
  • Do research on the company: ensure you believe you will be a good fit in their organization.

Jill Golder, who works for real estate company Cushman & Wakefield, said that employers look for “someone who is dependable, organized, not afraid to jump right in and learn new things.” 

Golder is a part of the hiring process and explains the benefits to potential employees at the firm. 

Golder also mentioned that resumés should feature positions that were held the longest with previous employers and applicants should be dressed very appropriately for a job interview. 

“You should always dress to impress; a first impression is everything,” Golder said. “I always say dress one step above the position you want.”