9 resources for Lindenwood students to improve their life on campus

Photo by Josh Calloni
Lindenwood Public Safety and Security office located on First Capitol, next to Autozone. It is one of the many ressources offered for students on campus.

With new students adjusting to their campus life, it is important for the Lindenwood community members to know the resources available to them during their time in college. 

Here are some resources that are offered on campus: 

• Student Advising and Support Services (SASS) 
    • This resource supports Lindenwood students by offering accessibility services, accommodations, tutoring, and other tools to aid students during their studies. 
    • Location: LARC 346
    • Contact: (636) 949-4699 or [email protected]
  • Writing Center
    • The Writing Center at Lindenwood is staffed with consultants to help students improve upon their writing skills during tutoring and revising sessions. 
    • Location: LARC 221
    • To make an appointment, visit lindenwood.mywconline.com
    • Contact:  (636) 949-4870 or [email protected]
  • Career Services
    • The Lindenwood Career Services office offers students and alumni with resources, job opportunities, and other tools to aid in the job search process. This resource also helps with resume building, cover letter writing, and other necessities needed to get a job. 
    • Location: LARC 221 and Harmon Hall 149
    • Contact: [email protected]
  • Student Counseling and Resource Center
    • The Wellness Center at Lindenwood offers counseling for mental health and provides resources for long-term care. 
    • Location: Evans Commons, third floor
    • Contact for an appointment: (636) 949-4541
  • Student Health Center
    • The Student Health Center on campus offers care through Barnes Jewish Health to help students maintain optimal health by administering vaccines, running physical exams, and treating certain health issues. 
    • Location: Evans Commons, third floor 
    • Contact for an appointment: (636) 949-4525
  • Title IX 
    • The Title IX office works to prevent discrimination due to sexual assault and sexual harassment. This resource also supports victims dealing with domestic abuse and dating violence. 
    • Location: Evans Commons 3030 
    • Contact: Title IX Coordinator: Paula Stewart
  • Public Safety 
    • The Department of Public Safety and Security is put in place at Lindenwood to provide a safe and secure learning environment by ensuring the well-being of students, faculty, and visitors. 
    • Location: First Capitol, next to Autozone
    • Contact: (636) 949-4911
  • Spiritual Life
    • Spiritual Life is a resource that seeks to support students of all faith backgrounds. 
    • Contact: Rev. Dr. Nichole Torbitzky
  • Dietitian
    • Lindenwood and Sodexo dining services are now offering a dietitian for the university. Katelyn Ryder is available to help with sports nutrition, nutrition counseling, food allergy management, healthy dining hall meal suggestions, healthy dorm eating, and health and wellness programming. 
    • Contact: [email protected] 

Lindenwood offers a variety of services on campus to help maintain a positive environment for students.