Lindenwood Theatre to host “Carrie the Musical”

Photo by Bobbie Morrison
Colorado Quinn portrays Carrie at the preview of Carrie the Musical on Oct. 25.

Lindenwood Theatre will be showing “Carrie the Musical” at J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts Oct. 26 through Oct. 28 at 7:30 p.m.  

Colorado Quinn is playing Carrie White and has been anticipating this show for several months.  

“Our cast list came out in April,” Quinn said. “We had all summer to listen to the musical and get familiar with our scripts.” 

Cast members discussed the production of the show, and the effort it takes to make a musical.  

Josiah Haan is a set designer for the production, and he used the feelings he felt while reading the show to inspire the set.  

“I like to think about the overall feeling that I get from the material, as well as the feeling that the characters are getting from this story,” Haan said. “For Carrie, it was thinking about how there is this PTSD that we are dealing with and a sense of these fractured memories coming together.” 

Georgia Johnson plays Carrie’s mother, Margaret White. Johnson discusses some realities of mental health that are seen through her role. 

“She’s insane,” Johnson said. “It was hard to get into that mindset initially, but I’ve been able to build the character.” 

Quinn has been looking forward to her role and the performance of the musical for years. “Carrie has been a dream role of mine since I was 16,” Quinn said. “I’m very nervous but I’m looking forward to doing the show.”  

For more information about “Carrie the Musical” or to buy tickets, visit https://luboxoffice.universitytickets.com/.