Halloween costume trends 2023: what to expect

Photo by Monstera Production

The leaves have turned orange, which means Halloween is right around the corner.

The spooky season gives people an opportunity to dress up as anything they want, giving them an outlet to express themselves by using makeup, creative clothing, and costume props. It can be overwhelming at times since there is a huge variety of options to choose from.

You can keep it traditional, wear basic costumes, or step it up and go all out with something trending and outstanding. Even though you take the risk to match someone else with trends, this year has had lots of new movies that went viral and connected with the crowd so strongly it can be noticed in costume sales.

According to CNN, Barbie, Spider-Man and Wednesday Addams are currently the most searched costume ideas in multiple countries around the world this year.

If you choose to dress up as the iconic doll called Barbie, you can decide between whichever Barbie suits your interests, such as the Weird Barbie or even the Stereotypical Barbie. To achieve this look you can use a leather pink set, pink dress, or any pink item in your wardrobe. This is not only the most trending costume individually but also a perfect idea for a couple’s costume. You only need a Ken to your Barbie to complete this popular duo.

Wednesday Addams, although released last year, is still a worldwide search for Halloween costumes. All you need is a little black dress and braid your hair Wednesday Addams style.

If you want to step it up even further, you can be one of your favorite celebrities starting from Taylor Swift, The Kardashians, The Biebers, Victoria’s Secret Angels, Bella Hadid, and a million others. Moreover, characters from movies and TV series like Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Gossip Girl, Mean Girls, Disney Princesses, and Clueless are always a favorite classic of many.

A range of movies, TV shows, celebrities, and cultural moments have given us a huge variety of Halloween costumes that are not too hard to make. Remember to have fun, stay safe, and use the opportunity to completely transform yourself into something different to the fullest.