Streaming platforms update: November edition

Here is the full list of what is coming to and leaving Netflix, Hulu, and Max this month. Photo from Pexels.com

After celebrating Halloween, dressing up as favorite characters, and watching spooky movies, it is time to move to the festive season of Thanksgiving.

Each month, streaming platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, and Max (previously known as HBO Max) remove certain shows and movies and replace them with new ones.

Here’s a list of content coming to and leaving in Nov. 2023:

Leaving Netflix:

Nov. 3

The Amazing Race (Seasons 5 and 7) – a reality TV competition involving 11 teams of two racing around the world trying to win one million dollars.

Nov. 10

Laguna Beach (Seasons 1-2) – a glamorous and dramatic story of high-school teenagers living in Orange County and learning how to manage relationships and upcoming big life decisions.

Nov. 22

Hard Kill – the story of a tech CEO billionaire who hires mercenaries to protect his valuable work from a terrorist group that later kidnaps his daughter to get the valuable work.

Nov. 30

Dear John – a romantic drama telling the story of a soldier on leave falling in love with a conservative student.

Coming to Netflix:

Nov. 1

13 Going on 30 (2004) – a comedy movie about a young teenager wishing to become an adult.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016) – Starring John Krasinski, this movie is about a US compound that gets attacked in Libya.

Hurricane Season (2023) – A Netflix Original Mexican drama film telling the story of a group of teenagers who suddenly find a floating corpse and soon discover their town’s darkest secrets.

Nov. 10

The Killer (2023) Netflix Original – David Fincher’s thriller movie follows the journey of an assassin whose life takes a turn when he starts developing a conscious.

Nov. 15

Matt Rife: Natural Selection (2023) – A Netflix Original stand-up comedy special.

Nov. 16

A Nice Girl Like You (2020) – Starring Lucy Hale, A Nice Girl Like You is a romantic comedy about a violinist creating a pretty wild to-do list.

The Crown (Season 6 – Part 1) Netflix Original – The first half of the final season of Netflix’s flagship biopic series on the life of Queen Elizabeth II takes place in the 2000s.

Nov. 30

Virgin River (Season 5 – Part 2) Netflix Original – A Netflix Original show continues with two additional Christmas episodes of the popular feel-good romantic drama.

Leaving Hulu:

Nov.1

A Walk to Remember (2002) – is a touching love story of Jamie Sullivan who is fighting with a terminal illness and a popular high school student Landon Carter.

Nov. 21

The Intern (2015) – a story of a 70-year-old intern Ben who becomes an intern and finds an unexpected connection with the founder of a fashion comedy who is much younger than him.

Nov. 30

50 First Dates (2004) – is a romantic comedy about a woman with short-term memory loss and a man who falls in love with her, which leads to him having to win her heart every day.

Easy A – is a high school comedy about Olive Penderghast, who pretends to have a promiscuous reputation, leading to a hilarious series of events.

The Princess Diaries 1 & 2 – a story about a teenage girl Mia who discovers she’s an actual princess. The film follows the story of Mia facing the challenges of taking the throne and finding true love.

Coming to Hulu:

Nov. 1

Adam Sandler’s Eight Crazy Nights (2002) – an animated holiday comedy tells the story of a troubled man who finds his redemption during Hanukkah.

Nov. 14

FX’s A Murder at the End of the World – a two-episode limited series premiere is about Darby who attempts to track down a killer before someone else dies again.

Nov. 17

Black Ice (2022) – a Canadian documentary exposing a history of racism in hockey through stories from the past and the present.

Leaving Max:

Nov. 7

We Are Not Done Yet (2018) – is a compelling HBO documentary that follows the journeys of veterans as they use the power of art and poetry to overcome their traumas and find healing.

Nov. 30

Adam Ruins Everything (Seasons 2-3) – a humorous TV series where Adam Conover debunks common myths and reveals surprising truths about a wide range of topics.

Friday the 13th (2009) – is a reboot of the classic horror franchise. Friday the 13th features a group of young people who encounter terror at the infamous Crystal Lake.

Coming to Max:

Nov. 1

The Avengers (1998) – is a film adaptation of the classic British TV series, featuring the spy duo John Steed and Emma Peel taking on an adventure to save the world.

The Devil Wears Prada (2006) – a fashion-centered drama about a young journalist experiencing the demanding realities of a high-fashion world working under a tough editor-in-chief with extremely high expectations.

Nov. 16

Julia (Season 2) a Max Original show continues to tell the story of a talented chef and television personality Julia Child as she shares her passion for the culinary world.

Nov. 21

Exposed: Crimes Gone Naked (Season 1) – is a true crime series that explores real-life cases where criminals leave their crimes exposed and investigators work to uncover the truth.