Lindenwood’s lip-sync battle recap: Who won? [VIDEO]

Photo by Nathan White
Synergy members pose for a picture minutes before their lipsync performance.

Lindenwood University’s Homecoming 2023 was held on the week of Oct. 30 to Nov. 4.

Next to different activities like the banner competition and the trivia night, the student involvement office hosted their annual lip-sync competition on Thursday, Nov. 2, where students from different organizations on campus showcased their lip-syncing and performing skills.

“Lip Sync is such a fun event! The organizations participating in Lip Sync spend so much time rehearsing for the event, and they always do such a great job,” Lindenwood’s Director of Student Involvement Madison Shaw said “The energy that the performers and the audience bring is electric. I am so proud of all of our students for the time and effort they spend preparing for the event and for the high-quality performances they provide.”

The activity was held at Lindenwood’s Hyland Arena from 7 to 9 p.m. and included exhibition performances by the LU Feature Twirlers, the LU spirit squad, our student ambassadors, and the LU Dance program.

The teams for lip-sync 2023 could compete in different categories: small, medium, or large groups. They were competing for a prize of 200 dollars in each category. However, teams were also able to win with two extra categories which were not associated with the size of their group. These categories were: “Heart of a Lion” and “Most Creative” which got a prize of 100 dollars each.

Lip sync winning teams:

• Best Performance by a Large Group: SYNERGY
  • Best Performance by a Medium Group: Sigma Sigma Sigma and Phi Delta Theta
  • Best Performance by a Small Group: Delta Tau Delta
  • Heart of the Lion: Lindenwood Pridettes
  • Most Creative: Phi Sigma Sigma

“My favorite part of Lip Sync is watching all of the creativity that each group brings – they all have their own spin on the Homecoming theme each year and they continue to raise the bar for performances year after year,” Shaw said.