The “Barbie” movie heads to the LARC’s theater

The “Barbie” movie will be screening in the LARC Theater on Nov. 9 at 7 p.m.

The new “Barbie” movie will be screening at the LARC’s theater on Nov. 9 at 7 p.m.

As of Sept. 4, “Barbie” has made over $1.4 billion at the global box office. The movie has gained the title of the highest-earning Warner Bros. movie yet.

Directed by Greta Gerwig, “Barbie” is also the biggest female-directed film to hit the screen. Starring Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, and Will Ferrell, this movie was sold out for weeks after it first came out.

The movie itself follows the journey of a normal Barbie (Margot Robbie) as she starts to think outside the Mattel packaging, with her trusty friend Ken (Ryan Gosling) at her side. As “Barbie” leaves the pink plastic decoration of Barbie Land to the Real World, she has to learn the good and the bad of being human.

On this journey, both Ken and Barbie uncover some harsh truths about their lives that will change the shape of Barbie-land forever. This movie balances satire and sincerity while questioning the impact of Barbie on our society since her invention in 1959.

This screening of “Barbie” is part of an ongoing film series for Lindenwood University students so keep your eyes peeled for next film coming to the LARC’s theater.