Delta Tau Delta hosts its annual Date-a-Delt event [VIDEO/PHOTO GALLERY]

Photo by Luke Bower
Cody Heath dancing to Umbrella by Rihanna at Date a Delt 2023

The yearly auction full of fun, jokes, and talented members of Delta Tau Delta was a hit.

The 2023 Date a Delt auction raised over $7,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), outdoing their previous record donation of $4,500. This record is not only the most Delta Tau Delta has raised but the most raised during a philanthropic event hosted by a student organization at Lindenwood.

All the money raised will go to JDRF to help research a cure for type one diabetes and support families and children to better understand their diagnoses. The event even hosted a special guest. Nine-year-old Mila, who received support from JDRF, explained that JDRF has helped her get modern solutions to help her deal with type one diabetes. This has allowed her to avoid constant fingerpicks and insulin shots and supported her parents as they learned to navigate her diagnosis.

Of course, the event itself is a popular night for Lindenwood University students and alumni. So many people attended that the AB Leadership room in Spellman Center was packed. Everyone in attendance happily cheered and laughed as the Delta members wowed them with their talents.

This year’s talent showcase included a beautiful rendition of You’re Welcome from Moana by super senior John Morse, and coffee making from the Lindenwood Student Government President, Clayton Herst. Another crowd-favorite talent was the making of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while wearing a Darth Vader mask and Star Wars music playing in the background by Sam Hendrikson.

The audience was wowed by a backflip, even requesting an encore from Sam Avanzado. The hosts of the night, Alex Martin and Cody Heath, kept the audience laughing and bidding throughout the night. 

All the lucky lads and ladies who won themselves a date with one of the Delta Tua Delta members get to go on a group date next week to the Puttshack.

Anyone who didn’t get a chance to bid at the event or donate to JDRF is welcome to donate using the Linktree in the Delts Instagram bio @ludelts or through JDRF’s website.